Friday, March 17, 2006

Now I know why I was a cheerleader....


I definitely know why my HS career was spent as a cheerleader. I can't play basketball to save my soul. The only thing I can do on the court with any kind of success is play defense. I didn't even end up on my back last night...which is a plus. I did, however, dive out of bounds after a ball and took a 5th grader with me. Oh yeah, then there was the time that I almost crushed another 5th grader by sitting(falling) on him. Thanks to Mrs. Flynn, I was saved that embarrassment. I could see the Daily News headlines...."Gier PE teacher sends one to the hospital after crushing him under her fall". Of course they would probably put a picture of Godzilla in the article too. The teachers came out victorous in the end. We always wait to see how they act and then decide if they will win or loose. They had started talking smack early yesterday morning, so they were pretty much going to loose all along. Sometimes you have to take those extra precautions to make sure they learn a lesson in sportsmanship.

No comments: