Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And the race begins....



It wasn't until 2 PM that Shirley and I just happened to be strolling by this sign and noticed that our flight to DTW was cancelled...not delayed...but CANCELLED! It reminded me a lot of a track event....runners take your mark....get set....panic! Shirley and I had the pleasure of hauling our very "happy" friends from the Sports Center Bar to the ticket counter where they informed us that it would be Thursday before we would be leaving. Of course this didn't go over very well. What were they thinking?! We had jobs, families, etc. waiting eagerly for our return. The second picture of me in my "Florida Kristin" pose was after I had accepted the fact that I was going to be there whether I liked it or not. At this point, all I could think of is get me out of this blessed terminal and into the sun already! The girls now tease me about my "Florida Kristin" personality. I guess they don't get to see that relaxed state very often, if ever. Shriley on the other hand was trying to nicely tell a day full of clients that she wouldn't be at work Tuesday and their bad hair would just have to wait. Glad it was her and not me. All I had to do was call the Sub lady and ask for another day of coverage....how hard is that?!

3 comments:

Beth said...

You got some great pictures here! Definitely a scrapbook! Or something smaller and cute! You do look awfully relaxed...wow!

Jill H said...

you sure you weren't drugged?!
:) you look SO relaxed!

Kristin said...

Nope, no drugs involved in this picture, just pure relaxation. Remember, Shirley and I were the ones that saw the sign everyone else was in the BAR!