Thursday, January 11, 2007

40 and doin' FINE!!



......actually, a little tired(didn't get home until 3:30 AM), but still doing fine! I never would have imagined how easy it was to turn 40. Probably made the situation much easier to swallow since I got to spend it in CANCUN.
How many people can say that?! We had a fabulous time....weather was great, except for Tuesday, food was good, laughing was awesome, and Happy Hour by the pool was truly HAPPY!!
I had always wanted to travel somewhere that had white sand and blue water. I definitely got that wish. Cancun is gorgeous this time of year. We were able to be at the Beach or pool by 8 AM. The afternoons were actually a little too hot to lay in the sun, but we didn't have a problem lounging by the pool with a Tropical Punch in our hands.
The worst part (I guess if there was one....) was being cut off from friends and family. My cell didn't work and emailing was out of the question. So when I finally did get through these were a few of the things I found out....Monday Chance had surgery on his ears for hemorraging blood vessels.... Wednesday Kraig was in the ER for abdominal pain and now is done for the rest of basketball season and has a contrast CAT scan next Wednesday....and my parents aren't leaving for Florida because of a "small hiccup" in plans???? They found two growths on my dad's thyroid during a chest xray for something else. WOW!! I don't think I will leave home again. Kirk did an awesome job with keeping the household moving. He had so many "drama" issues to deal with too. I am very happy to be back home and sleeping in my OWN bed! I think I will head there now.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah Putnam! Awesome pictures, I'm sure you had a blast. Can't wait to see more. Welcome home :)

Jill H said...

aww, i'm sorry your family had drama going on while you were gone! glad to hear you had a good time and that 40 is no big deal :)

Kasandra said...

HOORAY you survived the turning 40!
Welcome back - and by the pics, I see it was a wonderful bday trip! Still envious.
With all that to swallow when you got back....I bet you are exhausted!! Keeping you in our prayers.