Monday, July 31, 2006

Sunsets on the Lake


We had a great vacation. It is unfortunate when they end though. Kirk and I were able to take in sunsets at Grand Haven and South Haven this trip. I don't think there is anything prettier in this world than watching the sun set over the lake. I love how you can almost see it move down in the sky. I especially like that last little bit you can see before it goes into the horizon (water-sizzle). We spent a lot of time walking the Pier in Grand Haven and on the trails in Holland. Unfortunately, the temperatures were so high that the sweat just poured off of you. So much for looking good in the pictures. Just won't show any of those....just sunsets. So for 2 days we visited the coast at Holland, Grand Haven, Saugatuck, and South Haven. Not too bad for 2 old farts.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Another great Putnam sunset. Glad you had a good time, even if it was hot!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kasandra said...

hey did you see me on the other side looking back at you? I was on the Grand Haven or Spring Lake side...lol I was up there last weekend....glad you had a great time.

Jill H said...

aww, sounds like you guys had a nice getaway :) good for you!! love the sunset picture.