Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm BACK!!


Some of us were a little BUSY this week. Monday and Tuesday I had to cover HIV/AIDS lessons with all of the 5th graders on top of teaching PE. Wednesday and Thursday were spent at the HHS track for Track and Field days. Wednesday was the 4th graders of Hillsdale vs. the 4th graders of Camden-Frontier. It is run exactly like a middle school meet. Thursday was the 5th grade day. Both days my students took 1st and 3rd overall in the meet. I was very proud of thier hard work. I guess my threats actually paid off. Last year, we didn't come home with either of the overall class plaques. I wasn't a happy camper because you know how competitive I am. So now I just have to make it through 4 1/2 days of school and 1 3rd grade TRACK AND FUN day next Thursday PM. Nothing like waiting to the last moment to schedule that one.

PS. a little side note on my "student": came to track and field on Wednesday and placed in 3 events (nice little slap in the face). Thursday my lunch ladies were late getting to the HHS to serve lunch because there were 3 cop cars blocking her way out. Yep, you guessed it "he" went ballistic over having a ball removed from his possession. Hmmmm, didn't someone anticipate that happening?! Got to go....promise to post some good recaps of what else has been happening on the homefront soon.

2 comments:

Jill H said...

oh my gosh, that student needs to be smacked, spanked, analzyed by a doctor...something!!

glad to see you post again, have a (hopefully!) restful holiday weekend =)

Kasandra said...

welcome back- and I am so glad to know that it was just the busy life of Kristin keeping you away!
Is this young man old enough to move off to another building yet? Hoping so for your sake? Sounds like he is a candidate for one of the alternative schools or i.s.d programs....poor Kristin! Hope you have a great weekend.