Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Kevin and Kirk!



Today we went to my mom's to celebrate Kevin and Kirk3's birthdays. Shirley made lasgna, which was delicious as usual. She actually uses ricotta cheese instead of cottage. I think that is what makes it sooooo good! Mom, of course, had all the extras that made the meal very tasty. I wish I had the time to make great meals. It was really nice to see everyone....I don't think we have been up since school started. It seemed like the trees had even grown since the last time we were up there. Kevin and Kirk got many nice gifts, and it was nice to just sit and chat. Usually we are in such a hurry, we are just talking about what activity is happening at the moment. Well, I'd better get some lesson plans done....have a good start to the week. Happy Birthday Kevin (NOV. 1) and Kirk 3 (NOV. 5)!!

PS...Fondest little brother birthday story....we had to go back home early during trick or treating because my mom went into labor. I didn't get much candy that year, but I sure did get a "sweetie" of a baby brother. I was so excited when my dad called me from the hospital I accidently dumped orange pop in the shoes next to the table. Ooooppppssss!!!!

1 comment:

Jill H said...

happy birthday (early) to them both :) sounds like a fun get-together. what a sweet memory of when your brother was born!!