Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hornets are one step closer to the finals!




Well, last night was probably the sloppiest, muddiest, messiest game I've ever watched. The field looked like a swamp at the beginning of the game and a mud bog by the end of the first quarter. I finally stopped taking pictures at half-time. I thought the camera probably wasn't too safe in the downpour. It wasn't until the last quarter of the game that hillsdale took over the lead. There was no way to get to the outside to run and the passing game was impossible. K3 (#58) did his part for the hornets on 2 extra point attempts. He said he was excited to play but he didn't think he would ever thaw out. We went to buy him thicker underarmour today. THe Hornets will be taking on Onstead at the College Saturday 7:30.

On a much sadder note.....Donna and I took a luncheon to the funeral home for the Clendening/Flowers family. They were having a private showing today at 4. Sunday visitation is from 2-7 and Monday is the funeral @2. I honestly hadn't cried until I looked a Val....I didn't know what to say or do that could possibly help. She said that God puts a protective shield on mothers when they loose a child. She said she was numb and the idea that Tyler wouldn't be coming back from staying with his dad on Sunday, really hadn't sunk in yet. I can't even imagine. She said if there was one piece of advice she could share was "to never give up on your kids and keep believing in them (even if other people give up). She also said to give them more hugs and kisses because it will never be enough. As you can tell, the general feeling of my day was rather glum....I just wish Val and her family all the best as they face these next few months.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You and Donna are good friends, and I think I'll go hug my kids now. Also, congrats to the Hornets :) Good luck!