Thursday, November 02, 2006

7th graders finish season on a win!


I guess it was a pretty exciting game last night. The 7th graders were able to score in the last 20 seconds to take the lead over Stockbridge. Kraig had some key tackles and did a great job playing. He now has 2 days off before basketball season begins on Monday. Oh, will this ever end?!

I can hardly believe that it is Thursday....this week has definitely been a blur. Monday night was our Hornet Howling walk through. The kids wear their costumes and go from station to station around the decorated HHS hallways. Hillsdale does not allow their students to wear costumes to school. This is their compromise. I will post pictures later of the referee and ghoul.

Tuesday night was mad dash from football practice to trick or treating. K2 and K3 had practice at the college from 5-8PM, so the boys and I did the candy gathering alone. We met up with another family and walked for miles and miles and miles. OK, maybe only a couple, but it felt like more.

Wednesday night I took Konnor to Varsity practice so I could get some running done. There were way too many things accumulating on my TO DO list that weren't happening. He had fun playing with the other coaches sons and I got some things accomplished.

Tonight is another late practice for K2 and K3. I think that Konnor and I will get a movie and try to catch up on housework and laundry. Tomorrow night Kayla is babysitting so Kirk can go scouting with the guys and I am going to Ohio to watch Jen be inducted into her HS Hall of Fame for track. It's a 3 hour drive and we are leaving as soon as work gets done. We have been teasing her that we are bringing signs and cow bells to this "civilized" function. I don't think she feels we are too funny.

That brings us to Saturday and Sunday....Saturday night at 7:30 is the 2nd Playoff game for HHS. The game is being held at the college due to the incredible damage done last week to the field. The coaches party is at our house afterwards. I sure hope we WIN! Sunday is K3 birthday. He will be 15 years old. That is completely amazing since it feels like he was just born yesterday. I haven't quite figured out how we're celebrating, but I'm sure it will come to me.

1 comment:

Beth said...

How come I have twice as many kids but YOU are twice as busy?? :) You make it look easy! Go Hornets Saturday night!!!