Monday, September 04, 2006

Where to freakin' begin?!


I do apologize for any trouble my lack of posting and reading blogs. I really have been tormented with the lack of being "connected" to all of my friends and family. The computer is about 98% better and my email password works occassionally at school. So.....where to begin.....

Well, we are now less than 24 hours away from starting with students. Last week was an emotional rollercoaster for me! I sat through 1 whole day of back to school meetings and inservice as a DMS employee. At 2:45, Steve (the guy that was taking my PE position) retired and I was offered my old job at 2:47. Now granted there was 15 minutes left in the day.....but it was an offer I couldn't pass up. I need to be on Konnor's schedule and I need to be MOM after work not science lady. I had DMS room ready to go and all of my animals in place. I even did Open House for Jackie that night. Anyways to make a very emotional story short....I'm back at Gier and Mauck and very HAPPY about it! However, my office/desk is in the outside shed behind the school. No heat, electricity, and internet hook up. I am hoping to take care of that small problem today. We had to add 2 classrooms this year at Gier, so my old office is now the teacher's lounge.

We have also finished the first 2 weeks of football. The JV is struggling, but Kirk3 is doing a great job at center and defensive tackle. The V is awesome!! They have beaten Hudson and Hamilton and are 2-0. This weeks starts conference play at LESLIE Friday night. Well, I need to get the house picked up, my equipment closet in order, backpacks together, etc. ........So I'll close for now. Glad to back and "connected"!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yahoooooooo you're back! Missed you!! Glad that the school situation is settled, at least which position, now if you can just get your desk locale straightened out :) Have a great week at school!!