Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Morning Nature Walks





The real reason for the walks is not to view nature but to get in that morning walk (exercise) before the kids get up. Kirk has been doing it regularly for months now and I have started going with him lately. It really is cool to see all the things that are out and about before the people start moving around. He was carrying his camera this morning to get a shot of the deer drinking in the stream....but of course, there weren't any there this morning. We did, however, see a beautiful sunrise, a couple of deer, and turkeys. The spider was actually from last night. If you look closely you will see her back is covered in babies. They actually climbed off and back on, so we know that they aren't just spots.

3 comments:

Jill H said...

oh, WOW! what awesome pictures, Kristin!! i really should get up early to do walks like that by myself. my kids scare all the good stuff away. creepy little babies on the spider's back!!

Beth said...

Um, do you live in the freakin' amazon? how big was that spider, because it looks LARGE in the pic!

you've inspired me, I'm off to bed and hopefully will walk for a bit in the AM! But the only nature I'm going to see is squirrels and dogs and cats, nothing THAT cool. Hopefully no creepy people!!!

Kasandra said...

Love the pictures...the spider made me shiver ...ewww! but it is an awesome pic!