Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Bunny Proxy...


I know that most parents are used to the whole Easter bunny thing, but I have been fortunate enough to have a Easter Bunny Proxy for most of my boys childhood. What's that you ask? Well, the Easter Bunny was still in the South, so that left the hoopla up to Kirk and I. Before we left FL the "bunny" (aka Mary Ann and Ron) handed us the Easter baskets wrapped in bags so no one was the wiser.....what they failed to remind me of was the HUGE plastic easter egg hunt outside that goes along with the real easter egg hunt inside.

I thought I had things pretty much under control....Kirk and I decorated easter eggs with Konnor (the 2 big boys were out for the night).... I had the cookie dough ready to make cut outs....had the food I needed ready for dinner on Sunday at Grandma Abbie's....under control right?! Well, luckily Konnor said "I wonder if the Easter bunny will hide eggs at Grandma Abbie's this year?" Eggs.....EGGS.....oh yeah those plastic easter eggs that have money in them. (insert forehead slap here) Lucky for me I had two bags of them in my Easter container in the basement.... (sigh) got them stuffed and hidden in record time (30 minutes from start to finish). So all was well in Hillsdale....moral to the story....either stay in FL for Easter or that bunny better start heading North a little earlier!

Make sure you notice the Hillbilly electric fence designed to keep Chloe out of the flower beds until they grow back up (she ate most everything to the ground last summer). Gotta love her?!

2 comments:

Jill H said...

i love the hillbilly fence!
you were mighty speedy with those eggs, Kristin!! sounds like fun :)

Beth said...

Glad you had a good Easter. Wow, a proxy Easter Bunny? I need one of those...think I could sign up with yours? :) Very cool!! I was loving your fence before I read your mention of it...I need some of that around here!!