Friday, August 10, 2007

What a grueling 5 days.....




I am proud to say that everyone survived a grueling 5 days at football camp! It was touch and go with all the heat and humidity but we just kept plugging along. Normally this is the week that Grandma and Grandpa watch Kraig and Konnor so I can have some "alone" time. This year I had anything BUT that. A group of about 5 core parents feed 100 meals 3 times a day for 5 days.....1500 meals that have to be ready to go at the drop of a hat or "football" in this case. I don't think anyone went away hungry and the food was very delicious. Unfortuntately I don't care to cook for the next 6 months. We were very lucky that our mess hall had airconditioning because there wasn't a meal that we had sweat pouring down our bodies. With all those grills and ovens going the kitchen was unbearable at times.

1 comment:

Jill H said...

blech. you could not pay me to participate in football camp with this heat & humidity!!! those boys are nuts! you parents are AWESOME for making all those meals, though!